26 September 2010

Crossroads (Don McLean)

Intro: G / Em / C / Am / D

Em Am
I've got nothing on my mind
D
Nothing to remember
G D/F# Em
Nothing to forget
Am D
I've got nothing to regret
G Am
But I'm all tied up on the inside
C D G
No-one knows quite what I've got
Em Am
And I know that on the outside
C D
What I used to be - I'm not
G C G
Anymore


G Am
You know I've heard about people like me
C D G
But I never made the connection
G Am
They walk one road to set them free
C D
And find they've gone the wrong direction
G Am
But there's no need for turning back
C D G
'cause all roads lead to where I stand
Em Am
And I believe I'll walk them all
C D G
No matter what I may have planned


Em Am
Can you remember who I was
D
Can you still feel it
G D/F# Em
Can you find my pain
C D
Can you heal it
G Am
And lay your hands upon me now
C D G
And cast this darkness from my soul
Em Am
You alone can light my way
C D
You alone can make me whole
G C G
Once again


G Am
We've walked both sides of ev'ry street
C D G
Through all kinds of windy weather
G Am
But that was never our defeat
C D
As long as we could walk together
G Am
So there's no need for turning back
C D G
'cause all roads lead to where we stand
Em Am
And I believe we'll walk them all
C D Em C G C G
No matter what we may have planned


There are two sets of chords for the verses:

Verse 1 & Verse 3 are identical
Verse 2 & Verse 4 are more or less the same