Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
Pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
1. Dissolve sugar in 1/4 cup water in a medium sauce pan over low heat.
2. When sugar is dissolved, add berries, lemon juice, vanilla extract, coriander, and salt.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to burst.
4. Remove from heat and mash berries.
5. Cool to room temperature, then chill in the regrigerator.
6. Thoroughly combine berries and cream. Pour into ice cream maker, and follow manufacturer directions.
Note: You can subsustitute half and half for the heavy cream.