27 November 2008

The MOST humuliating moment of my life ... so far

I saw my psychologist again (visit #2) and we had our chat, I had my cry and she recommended a book. Next day, I called up Chapters Rideau to see if they had it and sing glory they did. Only one copy but the clerk promised to put it aside for me. Great, Lovely, Lets Go.

Glitch came when I went to the counter that afternoon to pick it up. I was beat, beaten down tired that day, still trying to process some of what the doctor told me and plain exhausted. I just wanted to pay and get the hell out of there.

Problem is, she couldn`t find the book. She asks me the title, twice, it's not at the cash. So they go to check the shelf and literally yelled the title over the counter to the girl: It's "The Emotionally Abused Woman"!! OMG @@ I swear and this is not my imagination in overdrive, EVERY SINGLE HEAD in line turned to look at me. I felt about 2 inches tall and just wanted to dissappear into the floor.

Instead, I closed my eyes for a second, took a deep breath, then opened them again. One of the 'helpful' clerks shows up with three other suggested titles and quietly asked if one of those would 'work'. *UGH* I paid for my other books and realized it'll be months before I'll get the guts to go back in there ! I think I'll be able to laugh at this one someday :P