7 September 2021

Letters for my Mother Julianne Marie

 16975250/5865399928079152281 


Where my butterfly heart flutters, 

trying to fly back to the Meadow 

back to your wide open arms, your Love, your smell, 

Bread baking, cabbage rolls, birthday candles and endless cups of Tea with honey,

your Twinkling eyes in my minds eye,

remembering your words to your own mother 

"I want her back the way she was" 

stomping my childish almost-53-year old Feet

to command the Universe to do as I will

And hearing no answer, giving it over Again. and Again. and Again. 

and Again.

whatever it means Today, because yesterday is gone and only my memories remain

yours lost, wandering, down those pale green hallways 

Here I sit, trying to be all spiritual and such 

Looking for the little miracles today