17 May 2008

Head over Heels - great song

BLUE RODEO -- HEAD OVER HEELS

INTRO: A A A A

A Bm
Sun breaks, I can't wait til I'll be on my way again.
E A
I'm sick and tired of waiting with nothing to do.
A
Watching the rain through a crack in the window,
Bm
It's the little things that get you through;
E A
Like the same sun rising on me as rising over you.

BRIDGE: F#m D A E
Walking and talking like birds in the sky;
F#m D A E
You tell your secrets, how gracefully you lie.

CHORUS: A E
Oh, that's the way you come to me,
F#m D
I'm head over heels and I'm always gonna be.
A E A A
That's okay, I love the way you come to me.

I guess I'm tempting fate, a little too long it seems.
Walking in this heat is just like floating in a dream.
I've been torn apart, put back together
With a couple of pieces in wrong.
I'm holding up now, oh, but I won't be for long.

BRIDGE: Tossing and turning like waves in the sea;
You show myself to me, you let me down easily.

CHORUS, then: F#m D A E F#m D A E A A A A

Well, I know one night together won't make up for ten apart.
I'm as steady as rain, nothing ever changes in my heart.
Throw off the covers, open the windows,
I don't care what we do;
I've been standing for days, now I want to fall down with you.

BRIDGE: Tossing and turning like waves in the sea;
You show yourself to me, you lie so easily.

CHORUS

OUTRO: F#m D A E F#m D A E
A E F#m D A E A A

A = x02220 A2 = x02200 A4 = x02230
D = xx0232 E = 022100
Bm = xx4432 or x24432
F#m = xx4222 or 244222